As a local authority lawyer, you will come across particular issues when involved in local authority work, both in residential and commercial property. At various stages, you will find that you’ll be required to advise on matters beyond your usual sphere of experience and expertise.
If you are a local authority solicitor but not very experienced in this sector, you will find this course particularly beneficial – introducing you to the key issues you are likely to encounter when involved in property work. If you are returning to work as local authority lawyer after a career break, this will prove an invaluable refresher course on the key issues you may face today.
In this web course, Ian Quayle guides you through key issues you may come across in practice which could prove problematic.
To find out more about Central Law Training’s new web courses, click here.
This course covers a number of important issues that local authority lawyers commonly encounter when dealing with local authority property, including:
- Imposing covenants on disposal of property
- Granting and reserving easements
- Property joint ventures
- Selling local authority assets: transactional issues
- Buying land and property: transactional issues
- Assets of community value
- Managing occupational leases: issues including service charges, rent review, and breaches of covenant
- Borrowing money and investing in property
- Exploring relevant case law including the latest rulings