This concise interactive e-learning course is suitable for all fee-earners, but especially those in a junior role who are getting to grips with time-recording practice. Getting on top of ‘lost’ time can reap great financial benefits for your firm, and this course will show learners how.
By completing the course modules your fee-earners will be able to:
- Distinguish between billable hours and matter-related time
- Recognise the consequences of incomplete time recording
- Understand the importance and impact of effective and accurate time recording
- Feel more confident fully recording all time spent on a matter
Topics covered include:
- Chargeable hours vs matter-related time
- What clients want
- Common challenges in time-recording and how to overcome them
- Impact on pricing, management and billing targets
Let’s face it, time recording is a bore! But it has many purposes beyond simply creating a bill, and fully recording matter-related time enables your firm to:
- Make accurate decisions on pricing
- Understand its financial position in relation to work-in-progress, and be protected from unexpected or destabilising shocks
- Monitor and manage workloads and performance against budget
- Maximise efficiency
- Build strong client relationships based on transparency and trust
The course maximises the potential of e-learning with a range of interactive exercises which will engage learners and keep their attention:
- Drag and drop exercises
- Self-reflection exercises
- End of course quiz
- Certificate of completion which can be added to a personal development record
Guide time to complete the course: 45 minutes.
Single user licence: £50 member/£100 non-member (excluding VAT) Save money! Discounts available for multi-user licences.
To find out more about our new interactive e-learning courses and for a free course preview please contact Wendy Harbottle on 07970 546 524 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.