Central Law Training is authorised by the Law Society of Scotland to provide TCPD.
Our courses are accredited by leading law school, the University of Strathclyde and receive consistently high feedback.
How much will it cost?
You can purchase 40 hours’ TCPD for only £1,200 + VAT (£30 + VAT per hour), giving you immediate access to events. This special rate is exclusive to members of Central Law Training and flexible payment terms are available.
Register for a TCPD Package >
What do I get?
We’ve designed our package to help you meet your TCPD requirements.
- 4 hours of mandatory ethics training which must be taken between months 9 and 15 of your traineeship;
- 18 hours of trainee specific content that will support you in achieving the required PEAT 2 outcomes; and
- 18 hours of training of your choice from our extensive range of face to face and online events.
What trainee specific content is available?
Find out more
We can also provide expert advice and support to you and your firm, including onsite delivery of TCPD. Please contact us on +44 (0)141 225 6700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and advice.
TCPD - Regulations
- All trainees must complete a minimum of 60 hours of TCPD during their traineeship
- At least 40 hours of the 60 hours TCPD must come from an authorised provider
- The Law Society of Scotland expects that a minimum of 30 hours of TCPD should normally have been undertaken by month 15 of the traineeship but this is not a requirement
- Between months 9 and 15 of your traineeship, you are required to undertake the Mandatory Ethics Course. This is the only mandatory element of TCPD and must consist of at least 4 hours training and come from an authorised provider
- Trainees should note that, should they wish to be admitted as a solicitor after the first year of their training contract has been completed, they will require to have completed a minimum of 20 hours of TCPD