With a range of speakers, including those with experience of the recruitment process within well-known firms, this is a ‘must attend’ event for trainees planning their career.
In addition to preparing you for selection as an NQ you will gain practical, transferable skills that will assist with the achievement of PEAT 2 outcomes in Professionalism; Professional Communication; and Business, Commercial, Financial and Practice Awareness
• Psychology of high performance As a trainee solicitor, you have already invested a lot of time and energy into your personal development in order to qualify as a solicitor. Listen to a professional Behavioural Modeller on how to harness a positive psychology to maximize your success.
• Preparing for interview: what to expect Attending an interview can be an intimidating experience. Hear from an HR Manager at a leading law firm about the recruitment process, from their perspective, and learn how to avoid the common pitfalls.
• Selection: an NQ’s perspective An opportunity to learn first-hand from someone who has recently been through the selection process. Hear from an NQ Solicitor who, having completed their traineeship, successfully obtained an NQ position with another firm.
• Communicating for success An interactive and engaging ‘Forum Theatre’ style session, using professional actors, where conversations are practised and observed without the need for individual role play. Perfect to hone your communication style in a safe, useful and inclusive way.
• Selection: a Partner’s perspective Hear one partner’s career journey from their own traineeship through to their experience of recruiting others. This session includes an extended opportunity to ask questions.
This event is chaired by Hugh Anderson McKnight, Director of Learning at Central Law Training. Hugh has an interest in the professional development of trainee solicitors and is author of the UK Centre for Legal Education's international conference paper, ‘Professional Competence: can it be taught?’