1. The registration form constitutes a legally binding contract and the membership fee is payable in full unless a written request to cancel is received within 28 days of Central Law Training (CLT) receiving the membership application.
2. Membership is for a period of 12 months from the date of enrolment and entitles the member, or employee of a member firm, to:
2.1 discounts on events within that period; and
2.2 access to a range of webinars and online courses hosted on the CLT Learning Management System (LMS).
3. No more than one individual membership can be held by members of an organisation.
4. CLT will send a reminder notice at least 21 days before the expiry of the membership and members will be automatically renewed unless they send a written request to cancel to the address below or to firstname.lastname@example.org. CLT will send a confirmation of receipt of any cancellation notice received.
5. If a membership is cancelled or if a member chooses not to renew membership, access to online content included in the membership will be terminated and any purchases made outside the membership period at the discounted membership rate will be re-invoiced at the non-member rate.
6. Event bookings constitute a legally binding contract. The delegate and employer are jointly and severally liable for payment of all the fees due to CLT.
7. Confirmation of an event booking will be sent within 2 days of receipt. A VAT invoice will be sent separately.
8. CLT reserves the right to vary or cancel an event where the occasion necessitates and accepts no liability if, for whatever reason, the event does not take place.
9. Early bird offers cannot be used in conjunction with any other CLT promotion or offer (excluding membership discounts).
10. Payment - For CLT members, the event fee is due 30 days from the date of the invoice or before the event, whichever is sooner. We reserve the right to require payment in full upon booking. For non-members we require payment in full upon booking.
11. Cancellation: For CLT members: provided written notice is received at least 24 hours before the event, there is no administration charge. For non-members: provided written notice is received at least 24 hours before the event, the fee will be credited less a £25 (+ VAT) administration charge
12. Transfer: in the event of a transfer to another date or event, an administration charge of £15 (+ VAT) for members or £25 (+ VAT) for non-members will be levied. Written notice must be provided at least 24 hours before the event.
13. Credits may be used for other products or services and refunds are available on request. Unused credits may be used up to a period of 12 months.
Use of LMS
14. Your login details for the LMS are personal to you and must be kept confidential and secure. They must not be shared or made available to others inside or outside your organisation.
15. You consent to CLT monitoring usage of the LMS and the content hosted on it, in order to ensure that access has not been distributed beyond those entitled to access online content under these terms.
16.Access to the LMS may be interrupted at times for maintenance, upgrades or repairs (which may necessitate work being carried out at any time, including during normal business hours) and due to events beyond CLT’s reasonable control including (without limitation) any failures of telecommunications links and equipment, or loss of internet connectivity.
17. CLT reserves its copyright in all online content hosted on the LMS, and no licence is hereby granted for you or others in your organisation to:
17.1 copy the content;
17.2 distribute the content (other than within your own organisation); or
17.3 permit viewing by those outside your organisation (whether as a commercial activity or otherwise), the webinar, any 4. recording of it, or the materials associated with it, including all links to such recordings and materials that may be sent to you.
18. Payment due for online courses is required at the time of booking.
19. Each paid booking is for a single user licence only, unless expressly otherwise agreed in writing by CLT.
20. Where an online course has been purchased:
20.1 cancellation will be permitted for five working days after the date of booking provided that the course has not been accessed during that time. CLT will use LMS usage reports to ascertain if a user has accessed a course;
20.2 access is for 3 years from the date of booking, and your access to the online course will be automatically suspended after this time
21. Where an online course is included in your membership, access is available for the duration of the membership.
Specialist Paralegal Qualifications
22. Bookings constitute a legally binding contract. The individual or organisation making the booking is liable for payment of all fees due to CLT.
23. Enrolment is for a maximum period of 18 months.
24. Enrolment relates to an individual student and is not transferable. Refunds cannot be given once a student has enrolled onto the qualification.
25. CLT reserves the right to vary delivery of the programme and to change tutor or course content where the occasion necessitates.
26. Students must successfully complete all assignments in order to undertake the final examination. CLT will endeavour to return marked assignments within 20 working days of submission.
27. Should a student not attain the competency threshold for individual assignments they may resubmit each assignment once at no additional cost. Further re-submissions will incur a charge of £50+VAT each.
28. Should a student not attain the competency threshold for their final exam, they may re-sit the examination. Re-sitting incurs a cost of £150 + VAT. Students may only resit the final examination once.
29. Students acknowledge that CLT reserves its copyright in all course materials. Such materials may not be reproduced whether in whole or in part, by any method whatsoever, without prior permission having been given in writing by CLT.
30. Discounted packages are only available to CLT members. If you wish to purchase a training package, you must ensure that a valid membership remains in place for the full duration of the package agreement. If the membership lapses, any unused hours on the package will be lost and events booked after the date of expiry will be charged at the non-member rate. Unless otherwise agreed the package is for a 12-month period from the date of acceptance of the package proposal and may be used to pay for events booked and attended within that period.
31. Invoices which have been raised prior to CLT receiving a package confirmation cannot be included in the new package agreement. In the event of an invoice cancellation CLT reserves the right to charge an administration fee of £50 plus VAT per event.
32. The confirmation email sent from the customer constitutes a legally binding contract. Should you wish to cancel your package please ensure you inform CLT in writing. This notification must be received within 14 days of your acceptance of the package proposal. If a cancellation is processed any events already attended will be invoiced at the non-package rate.
33. If any package hours are unused during the valid period up to a maximum of 10% of the original package may be added to any new package of hours which are booked. Any unused hours outside of the 10% carried over will exhaust with the package. If no new package is taken out all unused hours will be lost and must be paid for.
34. Packages cannot be used to purchase CLT qualifications.
35. Prices may be subject to change.
36. To the maximum extent permitted by law, CLT shall not be liable for any loss, injury, claim, liability, or damage of any kind resulting in any way from:
36.1 any errors in or omissions from the provision of training services (either face to face or online);
36.2 the unavailability or interruption to the supply of the LMS or any features thereof;
36.3 your use of any equipment in connection with online training;
36.4 the content of courses and/or materials, whether delivered face-to-face or online;
36.5 any delay or failure in performance caused by reason of an act, event, non-occurrence, omission or accident beyond the reasonable control of CLT; or
36.6 any negligence of CLT or its employees, contractors or agents in connection with the performance of its obligations.
37. The aggregate liability of CLT in connection with any claim arising out of or in connection to the provision of training services shall not exceed three times the amount of fees paid by the customer to CLT in any preceding 12-month period.
38. CLT’s liability to the customer for loss or damage of any kind (including loss or damage caused by negligence) is reduced to the extent that the customer caused or contributed to that loss or damage.
39. CLT shall not be liable for any consequential, indirect or special losses including loss of profit, loss of data, loss of use, loss of production, loss of contract, loss of opportunity, loss of savings, discount or rebate (whether actual or anticipated), harm to reputation or loss of goodwill.
40. Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to exclude liability for death or personal injury resulting from any negligence by CLT.
41. This clause sets out the responsibilities of CLT and the Customer in relation to the General Data Protection Regulation and any other applicable data protection law. Where CLT processes any personal data in relation to services or products covers by these terms and conditions, it does so as a data controller on its own behalf (including in order to comply with its obligations and exercise its rights under this agreement) and shall comply with data protection law in respect of such processing. Where you provide any personal data in relation to this agreement, you warrant that you do so in compliance with data protection law and that CLT may, under data protection law, process such data as required or anticipated by this agreement, and you shall be responsible for any costs, losses or expenses CLT incurs or suffers as a result of breach of such warranty
42. CLT will use personal information about customers for the purposes of:
42.1 providing access to and use of training services to customers;
42.2 providing customer support, billing and other similar activities related to the provision of training services; and
42.3 keeping customers informed about products, services, offers and upcoming events and to improve CLT’s services.
1. Central Law Training (Scotland) Ltd will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that confirmation of your booking is sent to you by email or post within 2 days of receipt. A VAT invoice will be sent separately to your accounts department.
2. Course documentation is distributed at the time of the event.
3. Central Law Training (Scotland) Ltd reserves the right to vary or cancel a course where the occasion necessitates.
4. Central Law Training (Scotland) Ltd accepts no liability if, for whatever reason, the course does not take place.
5. Prices may be subject to change.
6. Full invoice payable unless:
Cancellation: provided written notice is received at least 10 working days before the event, the fee will be credited less a £25 (+VAT) administration charge.
Transfer: in the event of a transfer to another date or event, an administration charge of £25 (+VAT) will be levied. This cannot be done after the date of the course.
Credits may be used for other products or services and refunds are available on request. Unused credits may be used up to a period of 12 months.
7. This booking form constitutes a legally binding contract. The delegate and employer are jointly and severally liable for payment of all the fees due to Central Law Training (Scotland) Ltd. To the extent permitted by law, neither Central Law Training (Scotland) Ltd nor its presenters will be liable by reason of breach of contract, negligence or otherwise for any loss or consequential loss occasioned to any person acting, omitting to act or refraining from acting in reliance upon the course documentation or presentation of the course or, except to the extent that any such loss does not exceed the price of the course, arising from or connected with any error or omission in the course documentation or presentation of the course. Consequential loss shall be deemed to include, but is not limited to, any loss of profits or anticipated profits, damage to reputation or goodwill, loss of business or anticipated business, damages, costs, expenses incurred or payable to any third party or any other indirect or consequential losses.
This clause sets out the responsibilities of Central Law Training (Scotland) Ltd (‘the Provider’), and the Customer in relation to the General Data Protection Regulation and any other applicable data protection law (Data Protection Law). Any terms or words defined in Data Protection Law and used in this clause relating to personal data shall have the meaning set out in Data Protection Law. Where the Provider processes any personal data in relation to services or products covered by these Terms and Conditions, it does so as a data controller on its own behalf (including in order to comply with its obligations and exercise its rights under this agreement), and shall comply with Data Protection Law in respect of such processing. Where the Customer provides any personal data in relation to this agreement, it warrants that it does so in compliance with Data Protection Law and that the Provider may, under Data Protection Law, process such data as required or anticipated by this agreement, and the Customer shall be responsible for any costs, losses or expenses the Provider incurs or suffers as a result of breach of such warranty.
Where the Customer provides the names, contact details, or other personal data in relation to attendees at a CLT Scotland sponsored event, the Customer authorises the Provider to share this information with sponsors, stallholders and other commercial partners involved in the event, in order for them to operate the event, send direct marketing to those attendees, and as otherwise required by them. Those third parties are acting as data controllers in their own right, and the Customer should refer to the privacy policies of those relevant third parties if it has any questions or concerns over their use of such information. The Provider is not responsible for, and shall not be liable in any way in respect of, such third parties’ use of personal data.
If you wish to discuss your membership package options, please contact our Account Management team.
To enquire about the Immigration and Asylum Accreditation Scheme and BTEC Advanced Award in Chambers Administration call +44 (0)121 362 7526.
To discuss our money saving On-site training we can offer you and your firm contact:
For general On-site enquires please email email@example.com.
To enquire about any of our webinars please call +44 (0)121 362 7705.
To enquire about your account credits or payments please call +44 (0)1268 495631.
For queries in relation to Invoices or Statements please call +44 (0)1268 495 694.
Become a member and get unlimited access to all online content PLUS your first 3 hours' training FREE