Would your staff who are new to estate administration benefit from a flexible and easy introduction to the key stages and processes involved?
Would your trainee solicitors, paralegals, legal executives and legal assistants be able to add value to your team by developing their understanding of the whole estate administration process?
Would your firm benefit from providing consistent training and support to all your staff?
Our new interactive e-learning course guides learners through the estate administration process, from the first telephone call after someone passes away to the final distribution of their estate. It follows a fictional solicitor as she manages the administration process for three estates, illustrating the issues encountered in different circumstances. The course design reinforces learning with practical application.
By completing the course modules your staff will be able to:
- Manage the initial contacts with the relative or friend of the deceased person to gather together important documents
- Identify and locate assets and liabilities
- Recognise the key components of a valid will
- Prepare the Inland Revenue return (IHT205)
- Draw up appropriate statements of truth and apply for the grant (probate)
- Pay debts and legacies
- Manage tax during the administration
- Be aware of how claims against the estate can arise
11 modules. Guide time to complete the course: 5 hours
Module topics include:
- The initial telephone call
- The first meeting
- Assets and liabilities
- Completing an IHT205 form
- The statement of truth
- Tax during the administration
- Accounts and distribution
- Claims against the estate
- Course summary
This course maximises the potential of e-learning with a range of interactive exercises which will engage learners and keep their attention:
- Walkthroughs of key documents
- Drag and drop exercises
- Sorting activities
- Model answers
- Scenario-based quizzes
- End of course quiz
- Certificate of completion which can be added to a personal development record
Single user licence: £250 member/£500 non-member (excluding VAT) Save money! Discounts available for multi-user licences.
To find out more about our new interactive e-learning courses and for a free module trial please contact Wendy Harbottle on 07970 546 524 or email email@example.com.