Residential conveyancing can be challenging at the best of times. Factor in a high risk or unusual client – and the mix can become toxic! Whether you are a solicitor or other practitioner dealing with residential property, a key skill is being able to identify high risk clients, and what steps you may need to take.
Whatever your level of experience in residential conveyancing, this course highlights the key risk areas when you have an unusual client, and what practical steps you should take.
Our well known and respected residential property expert, Lorraine Richardson, will take you through the more unusual, high risk clients, and the situations you may come across. She will guide you through some of the pitfalls, suggesting practical steps you can take to mitigate the risks.
Key learning outcomes
- Understand how to identify a high-risk conveyancing client
- Know the specific issues that high risk and unusual clients bring with them
- Appreciate the important steps to take to mitigate the risks
What does this course cover?
This course considers the ‘unusual’, high risk client, and the issues raised, including:
- Source of funds
- Identification issues
- Trusts and co-ownership
- Delegated powers and undue influence
- Bankruptcy and insolvency
- Identifying and avoiding conflicts of interest
Can’t make the date? No problem: this course is also available online here
You may also benefit from attending Cybercrime and Fraud in Conveyancing at the same venue in the afternoon.