The key to making the most of your time is planning and then protecting your plan. People who say that they have no time do neither plan nor protect.
If you plan what to do and when, and then stick to it, then you will have time. For people who have demands placed on them by others, particularly other departments, managers, and clients, you are obliged to diplomatically manage the expectations of others.
Getting the most from your day is chiefly about conditioning your environment, rather than allowing your environment to condition you. If you tolerate, and accept without question, the interruptions and demands of others then you create your own time management problems.
Please attend this programme with two things;
1. An open mind
2. A firm determination to do things differently.
- To understand a seven stage process for managing your time.
- To become aware of where your time is being spent.
- To be aware of where your time should be spent.
- To take away some key hints and tips for immediate application.
Current Use of Time
- Why it’s important to know.
- Analysis of time usage
- The cost of your time.
- Identifying the major time consumers.
- Effectiveness versus efficiency
- What are you paid to do
- What are you spending your time doing?
- Relationship between the two.
- What makes managing your time so difficult?
- Identifying what and who steals your time.
- Finding ways to deal with time wreckers.
- Enjoy managing your time!
- Understanding the difference between urgency and importance.
- Moving from reactive to proactive.
- Identifying key tips and techniques on how to prioritise your workload
- Methods that help to control your emails
Improving your Efficiency.
- Eliminating time wasters
- Reviewing the way you work to gain efficiencies
- Using the Pareto principle with devastating effect
- Delegating properly when appropriate, why, what, to whom, when and how.
- How to manage when you’re on the receiving end of delegation
- Keeping the monkeys alive but at a distance.
- Techniques that you can use to protect your environment.
- Becoming gracious with people and ruthless with time.
- Knowing what to say when faced with time plan disruption.
- Pinpointing the immediate time savers.
- Calculating the hours to be retrieved.
- Q & A session on other time management issues.
- Creating your personal plan of maximum output for minimum input
Forum and close.