It has never been more important for the busy matrimonial practitioner to draft documents effectively to ensure the most positive outcome for your client.
The focus of this practical and interactive course will be on effective drafting in financial remedy proceedings.
You will learn about:
• Pleading your client's case by effective completion of the Form E
• Drafting the statement of issues and questionnaires
• Effective preparation for the First Directions appointment using a financial schedule and summary as required by New Practice Direction 9A
• Effective drafting of answers to questionnaires
• Preparing a simple letter of instruction for the Single Joint Expert
• Drafting both open and without prejudice communications - how and when to use each type of negotiation letter
• Drafting skeleton arguments in support of the Financial Dispute Resolution hearing
• Consent orders/heads of agreements, effective drafting with an eye on enforcement
• Preparation for the final hearing, drafting the index to the trial bundle
• Narrative statements - s.25 MCA 1973
This course will cover different ways in which to draft these documents for both husband and wife.
A working case study will be used during the course of the day, to illustrate best practice and also a number of interactive sessions to incorporate the case study information.
This is a foundation level course for those wishing to focus on the fundamentals of drafting.