As a residential conveyancing practitioner, you will know that the easements on a registered title can pose a headache at times. If you are dealing with a property development, the issue of easements can be particularly challenging.
Whether the development is small or largescale, you will probably find at least some of the issues relating to easements and rights of way complex – not least because the law on easements is mostly based on common law, and is constantly changing. A key competence is understanding the latest developments in the law, so that you are able to protect your clients’ interests.
Our experienced residential property expert, Ian Quayle, will guide you through the latest changes and the practical implications for your clients. In this course, you will also learn the Law Commission’s proposals for change to the law on easements with the Law of Property Bill.
Key learning outcomes
- Understand the latest legal and practical developments on easements
- Recognise the particular problems of prescriptive easements
- Appreciate the implications of proposed law reform under a new Law of Property Bill
What does this course cover?
This course covers the key issues relating to easements today, including:
- The standard conditions
- Parking rights
- New case law on easements
- Land Registry law and practice
- Problems with prescriptive easements
- Potential law reform and the Law of Property Bill
Can’t make the date? This course is also available online. Click here to find out more
You may also be interested in attending: Covenants: Current Law and Practice at the same venue in the morning.