As a residential conveyancer, you will know that there is an ever-growing list of suggested searches and enquiries to be carried out in a residential purchase transaction. Knowing how best to approach the huge range of pre-contractual searches and enquiries can be daunting, particularly as you seek to protect your clients’ interests throughout the transaction.
What is today’s best practice? How should you even begin to decide which enquiries are appropriate? This course is designed to enable you to identify which searches and enquiries to carry out, and common problems which can arise in the search results themselves
Our well known and experienced residential property expert, Lorraine Richardson, will take you through this vital topic, highlighting frequent problem search results – and how far you can reasonably be expected to deal with them.
Key learning outcomes
- Know what searches and enquiries are appropriate in a residential purchase
- Recognise common but tricky search results
- Understand how best to deal with problem results
What does this course cover?
This course covers the essentials of searches and enquiries, and how to deal with tricky areas, including:
- An overview of which searches you should carry out
- Common but tricky search results
- Further enquiries you should raise when you have received the search results
- Acceptable responses to your enquiries from the other side
You may also benefit from attending Acting for a Buyer on a New Build: Pitfalls and Tips which takes place at the same venue in the morning.
You can take this course on its own, or as a complement to our popular course Residential Property – An Intensive Introduction for Qualified Practitioners.