An understanding of case law is essential for the child care practitioner to properly advise and represent their client whether local authority, parent or child.
Current case law continues to have a huge impact on the development of child care.
This course looks at the difficult legal issues thrown up by not only recent case law but also enduring problems, and how those authorities impact on decision-making with the client.
- From January 31st the FPRules 2012 change Rule 25 on the law and practice in relation to the instruction of experts in care cases.
- Service Issues and Family Placements
- Disclosure Issues
- Threshold criteria, parental concessions and possible perpetrators
- Interim Care Orders and Removal of baby at birth
- Residential assessments
- Best Evidence and Child witnesses
- Change of Care Plan
- Expert evidence and diagnosis of sexual abuse
- Leave to defend adoption orders
- Placement orders and revocation
- International adoption