This seminar will provide guidance to practitioners at all levels in dealing with some of the knotty problems in financial order applications/ancillary relief, which can easily catch us out if they are not identified from the outset of a case.
The first half of the seminar will address procedural issues that may arise and case management considerations.
The second half will consider the potential impact of specific issues on the quantum of financial claims.
- Improperly obtained documents - how far can a client go?
- Bankruptcy - protecting the client; who takes priority?
- Agreements - what constitutes a binding agreement?
- Setting aside orders - what are the potential grounds?
- Third party claims - practice management considerations
Valuing ancillary relief claims
- Pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements
- Identifying non-matrimonial assets
- Valuing the assets - relevant date; post separation assets
- Variation applications