With Legal Aid being abolished for Matrimonial Finance and Children Act Private law from April 2013, many firms must now look to the private sector for family work.
This course takes you step-by-step through the planning, marketing, service development, pricing and people issues that your firm must address to succeed in the private market.
- Where are you now? - Analysing the market
- Changing legal market, changing families and changing needs
- What do you want to achieve? - Setting objectives
- Identifying your target markets and niches
People, Pricing and Products
- Skills and service audit – Human resource issues
- Commodity, premium or specialist products?
- Motivating the team to change and to develop business
- Branding and repositioning
- Key strategies – direct or indirect channels?
- Generating awareness and leads
- Using new channels to market
- The web – sites, portals and on-line advertising
- Social media (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter etc)
Winning new business
- Managing and converting enquiries
- Effective selling
- Enhancing the client experience and existing client management
- Nurturing referrers and intermediaries
- Developing your plan and budget
- Measuring performance
- Partner/lawyer personal marketing plans