This established annual one-day conference, devoted specifically to the regulation of healthcare professionals, is designed to keep those working in the field abreast of recent statutory, jurisprudential, procedural and other developments affecting all the regulated healthcare professions.
Established under the stewardship of Joanna Glynn QC, 1 Crown Office Row, who hands on the baton of chairing this year’s conference to Paul Ozin QC, 23 Essex Street, the conference fields a wide range of expert speakers – barristers, solicitors and regulators – discussing topical and pressing issues.
Highlights of this year’s agenda include:
- Brexit: its potential impact on the employment and regulation of healthcare professionals, with perspectives from the Bar and a regulated profession: Jemima Stratford QC, Brick Court Chambers; and Paul Buckley, Director of Strategy and Communication at the General Medical Council.
- Tom Kark QC, QEB Hollis Whiteman, speaking on ‘Sanctions; developments in case law; trends in appeals’, including a discussion of the Supreme Court’s decision in Khan v GPHC (in which he appeared as counsel).
- Julie Norris and Sophie Kemp of Kingsley Napley, speaking on abuse of process and the recent emergence of the abusive duplicative process principle and its implications for regulators.
- Kenneth Hamer, Henderson Chambers, providing his ever popular case law roundup.
- Sarah Campbell, 23 Essex Street, speaking on case management in healthcare regulatory cases, including recent calls by the courts for greater management in the selection of tribunal members and the management of witnesses.
- Fiona Horlick, Outer Temple Chambers, speaking on sexual allegations in healthcare disciplinary cases.
- Paul Ozin QC speaking on recent and prospective reform of healthcare professional regulation, including s.60 orders, the Government proposal to merge health regulators and the Single Statute proposal.
- A unique opportunity to learn from and network with legal advisors practising in this specialist area of law.
- Benefit from the insights and perspectives of barristers, solicitors and a regulator.
- Hear the latest on what Brexit is shaping up to mean for the regulation and employment of healthcare professionals.
- Learn about latest cases and their impact for your practice.
- Get up to speed on recent and emerging changes affecting the regulated healthcare professions.
Sorry, there are no available speakers
Sorry, there are no upcoming events to book